The PRIMERA research team and the HSE Mental Health Division are delighted to host an interactive Masterclass with Dr. Adrian Falkov, a world renowned expert in working with families where a parent has mental health difficulties. The Masterclass is aimed at service providers involved in the implementation and delivery of a family-focused intervention as part of the PRIMERA evaluation and anyone with an interest in promoting a ‘think family’ care delivery agenda for this population in Ireland (service providers, service users, decision makers, other relevant stakeholders).
Topics covered in the Masterclass include:
- The importance of partnership working in mental health services and interagency collaboration
- Advice on overcoming barriers/resistance to family-focused practice when a parent has mental health difficulties
- Guidance about where family-focused practice and policy in the Republic of Ireland should focus its efforts based on experiences in other countries.
- How to best identify and engage families to the intervention
- Working with families in sessions
- The involvement of service-users (with experience of family mental illness).
Further information is available at https://masterclassdradrianfalkov.eventbrite.ie
This event is free to attend but places are limited so please contact Christine at PRIMERA@mu.ie to join the waiting list.