Nuala Whelan, a PhD student in the CMHCR recently presented the findings of her research to a meeting of the Oireachtas Committee on Employment Affairs and Social Protection. Nuala was part of an interdisciplinary team comprising Dr. Mary Murphy and Philip Finn from the Maynooth University Department of Sociology. The team drew on recent and ongoing research which focused on some of the weakness of the current public employment services as well as issues related to gender equality. Nuala’s key message was that careful, appropriate, and quality-focused interventions need to be considered to promote increased and sustainable employability, positive mental-health, and improved quality of life for our most vulnerable and disadvantaged job seekers.
- Professor Sinéad McGilloway awarded joint winner of the SPARKS 2022 competion
- UNITES research project commences
- The CMHCR welcomes eight new members to the team
- The Centre for Mental Health & Community Research launches the PRIMERA research programme findings
- Remembering our colleague & friend Siobháin O’Doherty today